Lowick put four past Breakers to make final of Anderson Cup in NNL

Lowick won through to the final of the Anderson Cup in the North Northumberland League, with Tweedmouth Harrow reaching the Bilclough Cup Final.

Tuesday, 12th April 2016, 1:48 pm
Updated Tuesday, 12th April 2016, 1:49 pm

ANDERSON CUP semi-final

Lowick United 4

Breakers, Bedlington 0

Following a competitive game, Lowick made it into the final .

Sign up to our daily newsletter

The i newsletter cut through the noise

A Shaun Toal goal had given them a half-time lead, and during the second half, further goals from Andy Metcalfe and Paul Wood, plus a Ben Fairbairn penalty, saw Lowick into the final.

BILCLOUGH CUP semi-final

Red Row Welfare 1

Tweedmouth Harrow 2

Harrow sprung a shock as they beat the first division leaders to book themselves a place in the final.

Callum Ferguson gave Harrow the lead, but a Darren Smith penalty saw Red Row equalise before half-time.

It was a close game until the closing stages of the second half, when Martyn Tait netted a second for Harrow and sent them through to the final.


Alnwick Town Reserves 2

Amble St Cuthbert 1

Alnwick kept up their title challenge following this win over Amble.

Gareth McCann gave Alnwick a half-time lead, but a Liam Ramsay goal saw Amble equalise during the second half. Alnwick came back, and Jake Morrison scored the winning goal for Alnwick.

Rothbury 4

Tweedmouth Rangers 7

This game was a lot closer than the final scoreline suggests.

Rothbury found themselves four down during the first half but hit back to net twice before half-time.

During the second half, they scored twice more to equalise, but in the closing stages, Tweedmouth scored three more before the final whistle.

The goal-scorers for Rothbury were Ben Lamb, Kyle Smith, Chris Coe and Craig Sutton. Tweedmouth’s scorers were Lee Dodd and Sean Simpson with two each, plus single strikes from Peter McAskill, Ben Jackson and Johnathan Simpson.

North Sunderland 4

Belford 1

A hat-trick from Ryan Thompson, plus a Robert Scott goal, saw the home club complete their win over bottom club Belford, whose single score was a second-half strike by Dan Tully.


Ashington West End 1

Spittal Rovers 3

Spittal are still in contention at the top of the table following this win at Ashington.

Andrew Petts scored for West End and Rhys Bloomfield netted for Spittal as the teams reached half-time on level terms. Spittal had the better of the second half and secured the win with further goals from Jamie Punton and Adam Turner.

Springhill 1

Ashington Central 3

Central are now level in second place, thanks to a good win up at Berwick.

Scott Neil had given Central a half-time lead, and although Colin Young pulled one back for Springhill, two goals from Mark Taylor secured the win for Central.

Wooler 2

Embleton 1

The top two clubs in division two met in this fixture, and at the end of the game Wooler stretched their lead at the top following a close win.

At the conclusion of the first half, Embleton led through a Jake Wilkin goal, but in the second half, Wooler came back to seal the win with goals from Jack Strangeways and Kyle Jeffrey.