Changes planned at school
Plans have been lodged for alterations at St Cuthbert's RC First School in Tweedmouth.
The project involves the creation of a new kitchen at the east end of the existing school hall to replace the existing kitchen which is at the south end of the main school block, distant from the dining area in the school hall.
The proposed new kitchen will be able to serve food straight into the school hall dining area.
The space left by the existing kitchen would be converted into a head-teacher’s office, reception/school office, and a new entrance and secure entrance lobby to replace the existing entrance at the back of the school. This will resolve the current safeguarding issues with the existing school entrance.
Sign up to our daily newsletter
The school buildings are little changed since they were first built around 1930.
Berwick Town Council’s planning committee has voiced no objections to the scheme.
The school was built following the creation of Prince Edward Road in 1928, which gave direct access to the Royal Tweed Bridge.