Longstone enjoyed its last day as a fully manned traditional lighthouse 25 years ago.
It had protected sailors from the rocks around Seahouses since 1826.
The light had originally came from Argand lamps, before being converted to electricity in 1952. In 1989 the navigational and generating equipment were renovated to perform automatically.
The three lighthouse keepers were replaced by a single attendant, while the equipment was monitored at a distance, by technicians in Essex.
Pictured are Lighthouseman Mark Shirley, the Principal keeper Calum McPherson and Lighthouseman John Coovey.